Directs the program within policies set by the Montana High School Association, the Northwestern Divisional Class A, the Administration of Whitefish High School and the Activities Director of Whitefish High School. Provides instruction to athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the student shall receive instruction that will lead to the formulation of moral values, pride of accomplishment, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline and self-confidence.
- Valid Montana teacher certification.
- Employment as a teacher in Whitefish School District.
- Has previous successful coaching experience in assigned sport.
- Participates as a member of Whitefish High School's Coaching Staff.
- Reports directly to the Activities Director, who provides overall objectives and final evaluation in conjunction with the high school principal.
- Accountable to Activities Director, Principal and/or Superintendent.
- Supervises a cohesive staff of high school assistant coaches in conjunction with the activities director and the respective principal.
- Possesses previous coaching and/or competition experience.
- Has a thorough knowledge of all athletic policies approved by the Whitefish Board of Trustees and is responsible for their implementation by the entire staff of the sports program.
- Has knowledge of existing system, state and league regulations; implements same consistently and interprets them for staff.
- Understands the proper administrative line of command and refers all requests or grievances through proper channels.