To instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the coach must instruct and demonstrate behaviors that lead to socially acceptable character development, self discipline, self confidence, and pride of accomplishment in the student athletes. To upgrade his/her knowledge and skills through coaching clinics, observations, consultation, etc.
- Has the ability to organize and supervise a total sports program.
- Good Communication skills.
- Enjoys the sport and working with this age level.
- Able to teach and demonstrate skill development as well as advanced technique.
- Able to assist in coordinating and assisting an off-season program.
- Work with local Recreation programs on development and increased participation in the lower levels and high school program.
- Positive Role Model.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The head coach must have substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport
- Has a thorough knowledge of all the athletic policies
- Has knowledge of existing system, state and league regulations; implements same consistently and
- Interprets them for staff.
- Understands the proper administrative line of command and refers all requests or grievances through proper channels. Is aware of all public/staff/departmental meetings that require attendance.
It is the policy of the Fort Dodge Community School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ancestry, age, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, physical attributes, religion, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, veteran’s status, actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, services, and employment practices.