ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise, organize and lead practice sessions to best develop sport skills and sportsmanship with student athletes in the sport. Supervise student athletes prior to, during, and after all school sanctioned events; ensure student safety at all times and make sure student athletes are equipped for safety. Head coach is responsible for all levels and aspects of the sport (C-team, JV, Varsity).
- Supervise assistant coaches and volunteer coaches.
- Attend and monitor all practices and games.
- Communicate to athletes and parents student athlete expectations including practice schedules and games, as well as academic performance, respect, commitment, dedication, and sportsmanship.
- Conduct administrative responsibilities including inventory and security of equipment and supplies, budget, transportation, assistant coach certifications, tracking eligibility and academic progress of student athletes, etc.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous coaching experience in the sport strongly preferred.
- Must have expertise in the fundamental skills, rules, and schemes pertaining to the sport.