The Head Boys Track Coach will work under the supervision of the Ames High Athletics Director. The Head Boys Track Coach must realize and appreciate the need to be a leader of the Ames High Athletics Department and be visible in the Ames Community promoting the sport of track.
- Manages and supervises meets and practice sessions that promote safe techniques, individual growth, teamwork, discipline, respect and superior sportsmanship.
- Helps develop and foster youth track in the Ames Community.
- Develops an off-season training plan per the IHSAA rules to challenge our student-athletes to improve their skills in the sport of track.
- Holds organizational meetings with track staff and students as needed to effectively communicate the vision of Ames High Boys Track.
- Oversees program fundraisers that are compliant in nature and benefit the entire Ames High Track program.
The successful candidate will exhibit:
- Comprehensive knowledge of track and field is expected.
- Extensive knowledge of current track coaching techniques and procedures.
- Knowledge of the IHSAA rules and expectations for the sport of track.
- Demonstrated ability to instruct and supervise student-athletes.
- Utilization of technology is required.
- Effective communication in spoken and written words to all stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational skills.
It is the policy of the Ames Community School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, creed, age (for employment), marital status (for programs), sexual orientation, gender identity and socioeconomic status (for programs) in its educational programs and its employment practices.