Oklahoma Certification, successful completion of “Care & Prevention of Athletic Injuries”
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise assistant coaching staff.
- Responsible for implementing and following Muskogee Public School District’s Athletic Drug Policy and Procedures.
- Schedule meets, etc.
- Head Coach will be responsible for implementing and supervising an off season program.
- Be a positive role model for student athletes on and off the field.
- Encourage student athletes to be successful on the field and in the classroom.
- Make sure all student athletes are academically and otherwise eligible to play by checking the eligibility list each week.
- Make sure all student athletes have current physical forms on file in the Athletic Department (student athletes may not practice or play without a physical form).
- Make sure current/updates rosters, purchase requisitions, invoices and other necessary paperwork is turned into the Athletic Department in a timely manner.
- Assist student athletes in preparing for colleges and obtaining scholarships.
- Maintain equipment, uniforms, etc. properly.
- Maintain, secure and report needed repairs of athletic facilities.
- Report scores of all games to the local news agencies.
- Maintain good parent, community and public relations.
- Schedule needed transportation for games.
- Have proper medical equipment bag at all times (practices, games, etc.)
- Perform any other duties necessary to fulfill the functions of the Athletic Department or which may be assigned by the Athletic Director.