Under the direction of the Director of Recreation and Competitive Sports, the Club Men's Rugby Head Coach is responsible for the recruitment, selection, and operation of the team in conjunction with the Team eBoard for the fall and spring seasons.
- The coach is required to be present during all practices and games, ensuring all safety standards and guidelines as defined by USA Rugby, National Collegiate Rugby (NCR), and Bentley University.
- Attend required league meetings.
- Work with Team eBoard on scheduling games in accordance with USA Rugby and NCR governing rules.
- Attend Away games and post-season tournaments that may require multiple overnight stays.
- Make appropriate decisions regarding the safety and playing ability of team members.
- Work with the executive board at try-outs to select the team and then create the lineup for each game.
- Represent Bentley University in a manner that is consistent with the mission of the University.
- Ensure all team members are in good academic standing, have completed and filed the appropriate paperwork with Student Programs & Engagement and Athletics (Anti-Hazing, travel forms, Liability, and Indemnity waivers, etc.).
- Be available to team members to counsel on matters relating to Club Men’s Rugby, and team morale.
- High School Diploma, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years prior coaching or playing experience with a competitive Rugby Program, working with a higher education undergraduate population or adolescent/young adult individuals, as in a school, camp, or related setting
- Demonstrated leadership and coaching abilities with a commitment to developing and maintaining a positive and productive playing environment.
- Proven ability to work effectively with diverse groups. Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- First Aid and CPR training is required.