Essential Job Functions:
- Plans, prepares and oversees all practices and scheduled competitions to provide a positive and competitive experience for players.
- Develops a recruitment plan to identify and enroll student athletes that will create and sustain a successful, competitive athletic program.
- Establishes team rules and protocols and implements appropriately.
- Provides team supervision at all competitions both on and off campus.
- Interprets and implements the rules and regulations of the team, the department and the university.
- Establishes conditioning and training programs that physically and mentally prepare participants for competition and submits programs to designated university officials for review.
- Represents the university and team at all appropriate competitions and university sanctioned programs.
- Prepares and monitors departmental budget.
- Minimum of an associate’s degree or a combination of education/certification(s) and/or experience suitable for the position.
- Moderate amount of experience in athletic coaching, club playing or other related experience.
- Valid U.S. driver's license.
- First Aid, CPR, AED certification, or willingness to attain such certification(s) upon hire.
Johnson & Wales University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.