Coaches, supervises and develops a club sport team in accordance with institutional and departmental objectives within the rules and regulations of the governing bodies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans, prepares and oversees all practices and scheduled competitions to provide a positive and competitive experience for players.
- Develops a recruitment plan to identify and enroll student athletes that will create and sustain a successful, competitive athletic program.
- Establishes team rules and protocols and implements appropriately.
- Provides team supervision at all competitions both on and off campus.
- Interprets and implements the rules and regulations of the team, the department and the university.
- Establishes conditioning and training programs that physically and mentally prepare participants for competition and submits programs to designated university officials for review.
- Represents the university and team at all appropriate competitions and university sanctioned programs.
- Prepares and monitors departmental budget.
- Minimum of an associate’s degree or a combination of education/certification(s) and/or experience suitable for the position.
- Moderate amount of experience in athletic coaching, club playing or other related experience.
- Valid U.S. driver's license.
- First Aid, CPR, AED certification, or willingness to attain such certification(s) upon hire.