The Men's Volleyball Coach is responsible for the recruitment, selection and managing all aspects of the team in conjunction with the team captains and organization's executive board. The coach is required to schedule and be present during all practices and matches, ensuring all safety standards and guidelines as defined by the National Collegiate Volleyball Federation Governance Rules.
- Make appropriate decisions regarding the safety and playing ability of team members.
- Schedule all practices and matches in accordance with the National Collegiate Volleyball Federation and NECVL Governance Rules.
- Attend and coordinate all practices and matches.
- Conduct practices in a professional and organized manner.
- Create, instruct, and implement in-game strategies.
- Represent Bentley University in a manner that is consistent with the mission of the University.
- Ensure all team members are in good academic standing, have completed and filed the appropriate paperwork with Bentley Athletics (Anti-hazing forms, travel forms, Liability waivers, etc.).
- Be available to team members to counsel on matters relating to Men's Volleyball and team morale.
- Meet as needed with the Bentley Athletic Department Staff.
- Communicate regularly with membership and team leadership to ensure success of the team.
- Support the recruitment and publicity efforts of the team.
- Minimum of 2-3 years prior coaching or playing experience with a competitive Volleyball Program.
- Previous experience working with a higher education undergraduate population or adolescent/young adult individuals, as in a school, camp, or related setting.
- Experience coaching men’s volleyball and supporting the skill development of individuals and teams.
- First Aid certification and CPR training is required.
- Must hold and maintain a valid, unrestricted United States driver’s license, with an insurable driving history as determined by Bentley’s insurance carrier.