As a member of the Saint Joseph’s University Athletics and Recreation Department staff and under the direction of the Assistant Athletics Director for Campus Recreation, the Head Club Coach for Women’s Rugby is responsible for the development of the women’s rugby program through coaching, recruiting, and administration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for establishing appropriate skill development plans.
- Provide instruction in team concepts and sports etiquette.
- Travel with the team to all games and tournaments.
- Adhere to all medical directives when applicable and as directed, to support all aspects athlete health and safety.
- Act as the primary liaison to rugby alumni and parent groups.
- Support development through correspondence, direct mailing and newsletters.
- Manage USA Rugby eligibility and registration with the MARC.
- Manage team travel requests.
- Oversee player conduct as applicable to University rules and regulations.
- High school diploma.
- Coaching experience.
- Playing experience at the Collegiate and/or Club Level.
- USA Rugby Level 200 or above certification
- Current CPR/AED Certification must be maintained.
- Valid driver’s license and successful clearance of motor vehicle record check.
- Successful back ground check clearance under Saint Joseph’s University’s “Minors on Campus Policy” (PA Criminal Records Check, FBI Fingerprinting Check and PA Child Abuse Clearance Check).