Duties & Responsibilities:
- Teach fundamentals and skills.
- Organize and run practice sessions.
- Direct entire program.
- Teach rules and regulations.
- Display and teach good sportsmanship.
- Assist in maintaining, issuing, and collecting of all equipment and supplies.
- Supervise players at all times.
- Notify athletic director within 24 hours of any injury requiring medical attention.
- Knowledge in particular sport based upon experience as a participant and/or coach.
- Directly responsible to the athletic director in liaison with the principal.
- NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching Certificate.
- CPR & 1st Aid Certificate.
- Concussion in Sports Certificate.
- RI State Component Course Certificate.
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Certificate.
- Covid 19 for Coaches and Administrators Certificate.
West Warwick Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.