The Head Coach directs, leads all coaching duties for one of MDC’s intercollegiate sports programs operating under all College, Florida Community College Activities Association and National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) operating rules and regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Organizes, prepares, and conducts individual and team practices, training, and competition.
- Recruits student-athletics in accordance with NJCAA rules and regulations through scouting, attending tournaments, and home visits.
- Directs all aspects, areas, and components of the team.
- Monitors students in the program for academic progress.
- Ensures compliance with the awarding of scholarships to student-athletes.
- Represents the sports program to various institutional programs and externally to media, government agencies, funding agencies, students, parents, and the community.
- Master’s degree in Sports Management, Physical Education, Health or related field and two (2) years of previous coaching experience or Bachelor’s degree in Sports Management, Physical Education, Health or related field and six (6) years of previous coaching experience.
- All degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution.
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the sports program.
- Knowledge of athletic recruitment, methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of NJCAA regulations and guidelines governing recruitment and retention of student athletes.
- Ability to maintain an effective sports program.
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to lead and guide student-athletes.