Capital University's Athletic Department seeks a full time Head Baseball Coach. The primary purpose of this position is the management of the Capital University Baseball program. The responsibilities include recruiting student-athletes, teaching technical aspects of baseball along with practice and game preparation, providing oversight to all administrative areas of the program, i.e. managing academic progress of student-athletes, budgeting, supervision of assistant coaches, facility and weight room supervision, game and travel scheduling, etc.
- Teaching, mentoring, and coaching present student athletes on the field and off to be the best student athlete that they can be through the use of practices, meetings, and individual conferences.
- Put together and execute a strategic plan that takes into account long and short range goals, ways to improve program, and organizes scheduling, travel plans, meals and housing arrangements.
- Gather and keep record of academic, athletic, and eligibility information on each student athlete.
- Develop budget requests, monitor budget, and order, organize, and inventory equipment and supplies.
- Work with trainers on the health, safety, and rehab of student athletes.
- Master's degree or equivalent preferred; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Collegiate baseball coaching experience preferred.
- Prior experience in using Microsoft Office Suite, computerized scouting software, and computerized video software.
- Maintain ethical and professional relationship with students and student-athletes.
- Works well with men and women from diverse backgrounds.
Capital University is an equal opportunity employer, and supports a diverse and inclusive campus community. Capital University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion, sex, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by the law.