The Ursinus College Athletic department has an immediate opening for Head Baseball Coach. This is a full-time, exempt position. The candidate will be responsible for the administration and organization of a successful program that competes in the Centennial Conference and adheres to all NCAA Division III rules.
- Prepare, schedule and organize daily practice sessions, preparation for competition and off-season training.
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate Assistant Coaches and/or Volunteer Coaches.
- Organize, direct, and mentor the coaching staff to carry out the goals and objectives of the program.
- Schedule competitions in consultation with the Athletics administrators.
- Organize and administer the recruiting of prospective student-athletes in accordance with the NCAA, Centennial Conference, and Ursinus College policies and procedures.
- Manage all aspects of fundraising, alumni relations, and community outreach.
- Responsibly expend allocated budget and ensure that the budget balances each fiscal year.
- Engage in regular consultation with athletic training personnel to maximize the safety and wellness of student-athletes.
- Implement appropriate risk management strategies at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree required/Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years coaching experience.
- Knowledge of rules and techniques of the sport.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, delegation and planning ability.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division III rules and regulations.