EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or at least four (4) years of experience coaching/assistant coaching at the high school or collegiate level. Volunteer coaching/assistant coaching experience will also be accepted.
- Must have complete knowledge of current coaching strategies and techniques.
- Be certified in Adult CPR/AED and First Aid.
- Possess a suitable motor vehicle driving record to ensure for the safe and legal transportation of student athletes and coaching staff.
- Provide the leadership and coaching expertise that is required to prepare a competitive team to represent the College in an exemplary manner at all practice sessions and scheduled intercollegiate athletic contests.
- Encourage and promote student athletes to make academic progress and attend all classes. Develop both positive and punitive actions to promote academic progress and class attendance.
- Apply all rules and regulations governing eligibility and alcohol/drug use as required by the College; the Intercollegiate Athletic department, and all conference and associations in which membership is held.
- Apply all rules and regulations regarding budget, squad size; length of season; number of contests per week; number of pre-season practice contests; number of pre-season, in-season, and post-season tournaments; total number of seasonal contests, etc.
- Develop practice schedules and directly supervise squad members during practice sessions, scheduled intercollegiate athletic contests, and/or travel, starting at the beginning date for practice sessions and continuing to the last scheduled date of competition.
- Work cooperatively with the college administration and athletic department. Keep the athletic administration abreast of any relevant issues associated with your team and/or sport.