The Coach provides leadership and expertise regarding the rules, strategies, and techniques for the assigned activity, utilizing knowledge of the specific equipment and events, physical fitness, and safety to prepare participants mentally and physically to compete at the highest level.
- Prepare successful practice and performance plans while encouraging student participation, establishing team rapport, and motivating participants to achieve maximum potential.
- Be an example of sportsmanship.
- Maintain equipment and inventory of all equipment, including uniforms.
- Supervise all areas of participation, including, but not limited to: gyms, fields, locker rooms, courses, driving range, buses, etc.
- Work collaboratively with other coaching staff, Activities Director, families, and community resources.
- Maintains compliance with all rules and regulations of the MSHSL.
General Responsibilities of Catholic School Employment:
Employment in and by a Catholic school is substantially different from secular employment. Catholic school employees must conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of school. An employee’s behavior must not violate the faith, morals, or laws of the Church or the Archdiocese, so as to embarrass the school or give rise to scandal. It is preferred that all employees be active, participating members of a faith community.