- Manage all aspects of the high school program including off-season program, tryouts, practice schedules and routines.
- Select and supervise/mentor assistant coaches, if applicable.
- Provide regular communication with parents/families.
- Regularly track the academic progress of all student athletes in the program and facilitate necessary support systems to ensure their academic eligibility.
- Cooperate with other school-sponsored sports and encourage athletes to compete in other programs.
- Develop and implement an off-season program for athletics.
- Demonstrated ability to build positive relationships and positive results.
- High ethical and professional standards.
- The presence to be a role model for high-school student-athletes; public face of the program.
- A commitment to the importance of academic excellence and achievement for all student-athletes in the program.
- Demonstrated ability to lead young student-athletes.
- The ability to communicate effectively to a variety of stakeholders, including parents/community.
- Skill in organization, time management, and public relations.