- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the rules and fundamentals of Cross Country
- Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport/activity involved.
- Plans and schedules a regular program of practice in season.
- Oversees the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned sport/activity is conducted at all times that students are present.
- Maintains accurate statistics, records, and results of the season.
- Enforces discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times, and establishes and oversees penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
- Maintains competency in rules, rule interpretations, meet procedures, coaching techniques, and general information about all aspects of the sport/activity.
- Establishes performance criteria for eligibility in interscholastic competition in this sport/activity and is consistent in establishing criteria for eligibility in competition.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Valid Missouri Teaching Certificate.
- A degree program with a major or minor in physical education or equivalent hours and courses in coaching theory is preferred.
- Experience in physical education, coaching, first-aid, CPR, and sports medicine.