The position of Head Coach is done for the purpose/s of implementing the athletic program for assigned sport(s) in accordance with applicable rules and regulations; providing supervision of other coaching personnel; providing supervision of students during all aspects of the program; using sound instructional techniques in overseeing program activities; serving as a positive role model to student athletes; and serving in a liaison capacity for the school and program with other schools both within and/or outside the district, to the community, and to various organizations.
- Assesses student athletes for the purpose of providing feedback to students on their individual performance and/or determining team placement.
- Develops team and individual practice regimes for student athletes (e.g. strength, speed, agility, nutritional, injury prevention, etc.) for the purpose of enhancing and improving their performance.
- Develops game strategies/plans (e.g. analyzes opponent strengths and weaknesses, analyzing athlete abilities, creating plays/strategies, etc.) for the purpose of preparing the team and individual student athletes for the competition.
- Guides other coaching personnel as may be appropriate in instructional techniques, organization of practices, supervision guidelines and responsibilities, etc. for the purpose of providing guidance and mentoring.
- Identifies program needs for the purpose of providing recommendations of expenditures for activities, equipment, supplies, etc. that will enhance the assigned athletic program.
- Implements practice schedules and related events (e.g. usage of facilities and equipment, staff assignments, et.) for the purpose of ensuring efficient program operation.
Certificates & Licenses:
- Must hold appropriate certification.
- Drivers License & Evidence of Insurability.
- NFHS - Fundamentals of Coaching.
- Concussion in Sports.
- CPR & First Aid certified.