To work with the student-athletes in the sport assigned and to provide life lessons that will positively impact the physical, social and emotional well being of all who are involved.
- Must meet the coaching requirements of the Minnesota State High School League and the Minnesota State Department of Education.
- Experience coaching in an education based athletic program required.
- Certified teacher preferred.
- Playing and/or coaching experience preferred.
- Follows the rules and regulations of the school, conference and the MSHSL.
- Attend the rules interpretation meeting held by the MSHSL.
- Maintain a membership in the appropriate coaches association and participate to advocate for our programs and students.
- Attend clinics, seminars and in-service programs in order to improve coaching skills and to stay current with new trends in coaching, training, conditioning and safety procedures.
- Give input about, and then carry out, the interscholastic schedule.
- Organize, schedule and supervise practice sessions.
- Participate in pre and postseason meetings. The postseason meeting will serve as an evaluation conference.
- Accept delegated responsibilities.
- Work to develop continuity between the community and school programs.
- Provide leadership in his or her program for all levels of the sport (K-12).