The position of Head Coach is done for the purpose/s of implementing the athletic program for assigned sport(s) in accordance with applicable rules and regulations; providing supervision of other coaching personnel; providing supervision of students during all aspects of the program; using sound instructional techniques in overseeing program activities; serving as a positive role model to student athletes; and serving in a liaison capacity for the school and program with other schools both within and/or outside the district, to the community, and to various organizations.
- Assesses student athletes for the purpose of providing feedback to students on their individual performance and/or determining team placement.
- Develops team and individual practice regimes for student athletes (e.g. strength, speed, agility, nutritional, injury prevention, etc.) for the purpose of enhancing and improving their performance.
- Develops game strategies/plans (e.g. analyzes opponent strengths and weaknesses, analyzing athlete abilities, creating plays/strategies, etc.) for the purpose of preparing the team and individual student athletes for the competition.
- Guides other coaching personnel as may be appropriate in instructional techniques, organization of practices, supervision guidelines and responsibilities, etc. for the purpose of providing guidance and mentoring.
- Identifies program needs for the purpose of providing recommendations of expenditures for activities, equipment, supplies, etc. that will enhance the assigned athletic program.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: Duties are normally performed in a school environment or outdoors. Duties may be occasionally performed on field trips away from school. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.