Provides secondary students an opportunity to participate and to supervise the sport coached.
The Head Coach will possess a valid teacher’s certificate, appropriate activities experience in the secondary schools, ability to work with people, and knowledge of the sport to be coached. Must have a CPR certification (MSHSAA requirement).
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Is responsible for all matters pertaining to the organization and administration of the coaching of the team under his or her direction, and shall enforce all rules of the MSHSAA as they pertain to the respective sports.
- Assigns duties to all assistant coaches and evaluates the performance of those assistant coaches as they pertain to the respective sports.
- Plans and conducts all practice sessions and schedules buses.
- Is responsible for preparing public information releases regarding his/her particular sport. Telephone or personal Interviews, when requested by news agencies, are not considered as press releases. In requested interviews, coaches and others connected with the athletic program should bear in mind that their statements are published and read by people who are for and against the schools program.
- Maintains an accurate squad roster at all times being sure that it is up to date and on file with the Activities Director.
- Cooperates with the Activities Director in establishing physical examination schedules and verifies that no athlete is issued equipment or allowed to practice until he has completed his physical.