Groton School is seeking a Head Coach for its Boys Junior Varsity Hockey program for the 202223 Winter Term (late November through early March). This position is for up to 20 hours per week, Monday through Saturday, and reports to the Athletic Director. The successful candidate will be someone with a strong hockey background who enjoys working with a diverse group of high school students.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Instructs players in the techniques of the game.
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises.
- Assesses player skills and monitors players during competition and practice.
- Determines game strategy.
- Supervises athletes during practices and competition.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Travels with team to away contests.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Two or more years of hockey coaching experience.
- Ideally played two or more years of hockey at a high level (e.g., in college).
- Excellent teaching skills and a deep knowledge of the game.
- An inclusive approach to teaching and educating.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide array of people (students, coaches, staff, faculty, health care providers).