Punahou School is actively recruiting a Head Coach for the Boys Intermediate Volleyball team. The Head Coach will inspire, motivate, encourage and develop each student athlete, while teaching golf techniques, rules, and strategies. The Head Coach will also teach and model sportsmanship, and develop a team system based on the unique ability of each student athlete. The ideal candidate will have previous experience coaching a Volleyball team in an educational setting, good communication, and organizational skills, physical ability to demonstrate positions usual to the sport, and a positive and effective track record of coaching performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
- Two (2) years of experience and a track record of leadership in a successful interscholastic program as a head coach, or other significant leadership experience in building and maintaining a successful large school program, or other professional related athletic related experience.
- Background in teaching preferred, with experience working with adolescents.
- Knowledge of the value of athletics and competition at the intermediate and high school level.
- Substantial knowledge of the game as demonstrated through the development of comprehensive practice plans, offensive and defensive schemes, implementation of off-season expectations for student athletes, and the implementation of effective and contemporary teaching/coaching practices.