The Head Coach will facilitate and enhance communication and collaboration between and among the Erie School District and parents, students, and community centers. The Head Coach will promote a positive school culture and foster academic excellence and exemplify good character for the individual athlete. Furthermore, the Erie School District expects the Head Coach to be a positive role model, a mentor to student-athletes, and embrace all concepts of good citizenship.
- Head coaching experience at the high school or middle school level.
- Evidence of leading a successful middle school or high school basketball program.
- Ability to transition student athletes to the next competitive level (ability to articulate concrete examples and procedures regarding the transition of student athletes to the next competitive level).
- The ability to design offensive and defensive strategies.
- Experience in coaching offense and defense.
- Evidence of practice plans developed in prior coaching positions.
- Must hold or obtain FBI, Criminal Check, and Child Abuse Clearances.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement the program philosophy created by Varsity Boys Basketball Coaches.
- Attend all season practices, games, and tournaments.
- Develop and organize gym schedule with building principal and Athletic Department for practices and games.
- Create and share practice schedule and phone list for players and parents.
- Run practices 4-5 days a week (matches are exception) & dedicate 1st hour of each practice to skills and player development.
- Maintain and review transportation schedule for away games.
- Instruct players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.