- Perform all duties/responsibilities assigned by the Athletic Director and/or School Principal.
- Model the behaviors outlined in the National Federation Coaches Code of Ethics, especially those pertaining to sportsmanship.
- Have full control of the team in all matters pertaining to coaching and athletic discipline.
- Implement Abby Kelley Athletic Department policies and team rules.
- Be responsible for information contained in the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association Handbook.
- Supervise all assistant coaches
- Attend all Athletic Department meetings that deal directly with the sport coached, including but not limited to pre-season, all-star meetings, facilities and fields meetings, and athletic awards meetings.
- Stay informed of rule changes, trends, and recommendations that affect the particular sport.
- Previous playing and/or coaching experience.
- Commit to daily practices or games, primarily evenings.
- Completion of CORI as condition of hire.
Abby Kelley Foster Charter Public School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.