Essential Requirement and Responsibilities:
- Communicate effectively within and outside the program while maintaining effective professional relationships with student-athletes, parents, managers, coaches, and staff.
- Working with the WHS Director of Athletics & Activities, select and manage Assistant Coach(es).
- Schedule meets and practice time working with the WHS athletic department.
- Conduct tryouts at the start of the MSHSL boys' golf season according to athletic department practices.
- Provide opportunities for student-athletes to participate in training during the MSHSL summer waiver period.
- Actively recruit and retain players who attend Wayzata Public Schools.
- Plan and conduct practices.
- Manage strategy and player playing time.
- Hold regular staff meetings to review progress in all areas of team development.
- Prior coaching experience at the college and/or high school level.
- Completed MSHSL Continuing Education requirements for head coach.
- Operate team in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Wayzata Public Schools, MSHSL, and Lake Conference.
- Ability to pass all required background checks.
- Excellent leadership, people and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Wayzata High School and the program's history and tradition.
- Compensation – WEA extracurricular stipend.