The Boys Varsity Ice Hockey Head Coach must assume a major role in fostering cooperation and positive teamwork, exhibiting outstanding sportsmanship and fan involvement at games and special events, and most importantly, assume a major role in the development of our youth as future leaders.
- Be accountable for the entire program, and will oversee all aspects of the program, including, but not limited to, the safety and inventory of athletic equipment.
- Communicate with the Athletic Director concerning any incidents that come up in regards to student-athletes or parental concerns.
- Maintain and uphold the highest standards of student-athlete scholarship. Promoting academics before athletics by monitoring academic performance and enforcing eligibility.
- Maintain and uphold the highest standards of student-athlete sportsmanship and behavior in competition, in the classroom, and in the community.
- Set up and maintain an active sports team for internal team communication and communication with families.
- Maintain and update records for student-athlete registration and physicals/medical clearances in conjunction with the Athletic Office and Nurses Office.
- Allow all student-athletes the opportunity to compete in the sport while promoting growth and sportsmanship.
- Knowledge of the sport and experience in coaching the skills, techniques, and fundamentals of the sport.
- Certified in CPR/Defib.
- Ability to work effectively with teachers, support staff, and parents and advocate for children in order to effectively problem solve.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills and ability to work with all stakeholders.
- Belief in the commitment to increasing personal growth, both academic and social-emotional, to obtain the highest level of achievement for every student.