To instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the coach/assistant coach must instruct and demonstrate behaviors that lead to socially acceptable character development, self discipline, self confidence, and pride of accomplishment in the student athletes.
- Has the ability to organize, supervise or assistant in a sports program.
- Has previous successful coaching experience in assigned sport preferred
- The head/assistant coach must have substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and, at the same time, must continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the field.
- The head/assistant coach must serve as an appropriate role model for student athletes through his/her instructions and actions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Established the fundamental philosophy, skills and techniques to be taught by staff.
- Designs conferences, clinics and staff meetings to insure staff awareness of overall program.
- Trains and informs staff, encourages professional growth by encouraging clinic attendance according to local clinic policy.
- Delegates specific duties, supervises implementation and, at season's end, analyzes staff effectiveness and evaluates all assistants.
- Maintains discipline, adjusts grievances and works to increase morale and cooperation.
- Performs such other duties which may be assigned by the athletic director/principal.