- Recruiting – Lead all efforts to recruit prospective student-athletes who are: admissible to the university, NCAA qualifiers, good citizens who will represent the program well, motivated to graduate from Drury and excellent athletes in the sport.
- Compliance – Promote an atmosphere of compliance for everyone who is directly and indirectly associated with the sport, comply with NCAA, conference and university rules and regulations.
- Student-Athlete Academic Performance – Support student-athlete graduation by: monitoring student-athletes academic performance; implementing appropriate study hall, class checking and grade checking programs; partnering with faculty, tutors, mentors, advisors and other university staff to support the academic performance of student-athletes; and implementing appropriate practice and competition limitations as needed for student-athletes who are not performing adequately in the classroom.
- An understanding of, and commitment to the fundamental role that intercollegiate athletics, when properly implemented, can play in the educational development of Drury student-athletes.
- Possession of a thorough knowledge of the sport, a sophisticated understanding of coaching strategies, and an ability to enhance athlete development.
- Leadership skills and the ability to manage team dynamics.
- Budget management experience.
- Ability to recruit qualified student-athletes to an academically competitive institution.
- Knowledge of and commitment to NCAA rules.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two years of experience teaching and coaching the sport.