- Practice and Competition – Lead all efforts to teach student-athletes the techniques and tactics of the sport, demonstrate techniques of the sport, evaluate student-athlete and team performance, teach and engage student-athletes in appropriate strength and conditioning techniques, develop practice and competition plans, scout opposing teams (if applicable to the sport), develop competition schedules that will prepare the team for conference and NCAA championship success.
- Recruiting – Lead all efforts to recruit prospective student-athletes who are: admissible to the university, NCAA qualifiers, good citizens who will represent the program well, motivated to graduate from Drury and excellent athletes in the sport.
- Compliance – Promote an atmosphere of compliance for everyone who is directly and indirectly associated with the sport, comply with NCAA, conference and university rules and regulations.
- An understanding of, and commitment to the fundamental role that intercollegiate athletics, when properly implemented, can play in the educational development of Drury student-athletes.
- Possession of a thorough knowledge of the sport, a sophisticated understanding of coaching strategies, and an ability to enhance athlete development.
- Leadership skills and the ability to manage team dynamics.
- Budget management experience.
- Ability to recruit qualified student-athletes to an academically competitive institution.
- Knowledge of and commitment to NCAA rules.
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a professional manner.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Drury University is committed to enhancing our community and encourages applications from qualified individuals with varied backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who would deepen the diversity of the University.