The Department of Athletics and Recreation is searching for a head coach for men's and women's cross country/track and field who is a positive, energetic and enthusiastic leader with the ability to teach, motivate, build and develop, and recruit student-athletes. The ideal candidate will be an organized, effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills who is a flexible team player.
On a typical day you will:
- Direct the growth of the cross country/track and field programs by coordinating and completing the following: practice sessions, scheduling practices and games, contest preparation, budget management, and other administrative duties.
- Recruit and retain student-athletes that can meet Pratt's academic admissions standards and sustain or enhance the competitiveness of the program.
- Provide daily supervision of the Activity Resource Center (ARC) as a facility supervisor.
- Support the Management of the day-to-day operations of the front desk, including facility access control, transactions, routine membership management, communications, and guest interactions in the Activity Resource Center (ARC).
- A record of integrity and the ability to inspire students and athletes to perform at a high level.
- Experience recruiting and the ability to successfully recruit student-athletes.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Proven Recruiter in Athletics.
- Ability to work well in a diverse work environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.