The Head Coach provides leadership and direction to all facets of the program in advancing the mission of the University and the Department of Athletics. Specific areas of responsibility include (but are not limited to) teaching, tutoring, instructing or lecturing Student Athletes and other members of the Lehigh University Coaching staff.
- Instructing student athletes in the fundamental skills, rules, strategies and physical conditioning necessary for success in their sport.
- Instructing physical health, team concepts and safety.
- Instructing and demonstrating techniques and skills.
- Evaluating and assessing, effectiveness and results and adapting and refining strategies.
- Planning practices, training sessions, team and individual conditioning, line-ups and competitive strategies.
- Designing instructional programs for individual student-athletes or for the team as a whole as needed.
- Establishing the fundamental philosophy, skills and techniques to be taught all Assistant Coaches and other staff.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; Master's degree preferred.
- Five to eight years related work experience.
- NCAA Certification required; CPR/First Aid certification required.
- Experience as a student-athlete required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build, foster and maintain positive professional relationships.
- Solid writing ability, attention to detail and organizational skills.