- Valid Connecticut coaching certification or temporary emergency coaching permit.
- Updated first aid/CPR training approved by Connecticut State Department of Education.
- Has the ability to organize and supervise a total sports program.
- Has substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Is responsible for assuring that assistant coaches and themselves know the existing state and league regulations and at all times abide by them.
- Assist the administrative assistant in providing transportation and requirements for tournament and special sport events.
- Attend all league meetings regarding scheduling and rule updates specific to their sport.
- Responsible for developing their schedules for all levels of play.
- Communicates all schedule changes to the athletic director or administrative assistant.
- Provides proper safeguards for maintenance and protection of assigned equipment storage areas.
- Assist in the necessary preparation to hold scheduled sport events or practices and adheres to scheduled facility times.
- Makes recommendations for awards, and is responsible for clarification of the award policy to athletes.