Emmanuel University is seeking candidates for the position of Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach. This position will be responsible for furthering the institution’s intercollegiate men’s lacrosse program in 2023-2024. The Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach will be responsible for developing student-athletes through a variety of instructional methods developing sport specific skills, spiritual maturity, physical wellness, mental preparation, and character. In addition to coaching, this position maintains control and oversight of budgets, recruitment of student-athletes, and scheduling of athletic games.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited institution, with a master’s preferred, and at least three years of successful coaching at the collegiate level. NCAA experience preferred.
- The candidate must have collegiate position coaching experience and proven experience in college athletic development instruction.
- The candidate must be self-motivated and should articulate the mission of the institution, organize, and motivate people.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties:
- Recruit players for the athletic team who will represent the mission of Emmanuel College and Student Life.
- Schedule games and ensure that games do not conflict with the academic schedule, examination schedule, and regularly scheduled church and convocation services.
- Participate in the college and departmental planning process by assisting in the formulation of goals, objectives, and outcomes and establish budget priorities.
- Conduct their programs in accordance with the NCAA regulations, Conference Carolinas guidelines, and within the philosophy of Emmanuel University.
- Prepare and maintain budget for program.
- Assist in fundraising in support of the program.
- Communicate the needs and maintenance of facilities and equipment to the Athletic Director.
- Submit recommendations for athletic scholarship awards to the Athletic Director and Vice President for Finance.
- Ensure that all scholarships allocated to players have been approved by the Athletic Director, Vice President for Finance, and Financial Aid Committee.