St. Lawrence University invites applications for a Head Coach for men’s and women’s tennis. The head coach will be responsible for the organization, administration, coaching and recruitment of student-athletes. This is a full-time, 12-month, position.
- Recruitment of highly qualified student-athletes.
- Direct student-athlete development both on and off the pool deck; ensuring academic success, good citizenship, sportsmanship, and promotion of positive values consistent with the mission of St. Lawrence University.
- Program organization; including practice planning, and meet preparation.
- Ability to recruit, supervise, evaluate, and effectively provide direction to one graduate assistant coach.
- Management of all phases of a DIII women’s & men’s tennis program.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Masters preferred).
- Athlete/Coaching experience required; three years of collegiate coaching experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit diverse, quality, student-athletes.
- Ability to effectively communicate with faculty/staff, University community members and alumni.
- Knowledge of all NCAA and Liberty League rules & regulations pertaining to DIII tennis.
- Must have a philosophy compatible with highly selective academic standards within a Liberal Arts University that supports diversity and inclusivity.
- Ability to meet University requirements to drive a University vehicle required.