To help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
- Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the activity involved.
- Plans and schedules a regular program of practice in season.
- Works closely with the athletic director and head swim coach in scheduling interscholastic contests/presentations.
- Recommends purchase of equipment and supplies, as appropriate.
- Maintains necessary attendance forms, insurance records, and similar paperwork.
- Oversees the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned activity is conducted at all times that students are present.
- Establishes participation criteria for eligibility in interscholastic competition in the activity involved.
- Enforces discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times, and establishes and oversees discipline for breach of such standards by individual students.
- Organizes and supervises a total activities program.
- Demonstrates effective human relations and communication skills.
- Complies with all district rules, regulations, and policies.
- Regular and consistent attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Certification and registration as required by district.
- Other duties as required or assigned.