- Oversees all aspects of the softball program at Phillips Academy.
- Plans and executes 100-minute team practices with assistant coach support. Coaches in all regular season scrimmages/games/end-of-season tournament and is able to organize/lead spring training spring break trip.
- Adheres to policies established in Phillips Academy Coaches Handbook.
- Stays current in and expands knowledge of coaching techniques.
- Working with the athletic director and others, engages prospective student-athletes and their families throughout the admissions process.
- Bachelor’s degree (required).
- At least 2 years’ experience coaching in high school or college setting, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to positively motivate, inspire and be role model to students.
- Be able to communicate effectively with groups and/or individuals, and engage with peers, the public, students, and parents in a positive, empathetic, and professional manner.
- Softball playing experience at high school, college or higher level.
- Ability and willingness to manage a Monday-Saturday practice/game schedule which includes travel to away opponents.
Phillips Academy is an intentionally diverse and inclusive residential community “committed to creating an equitable and inclusive school in which students from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and experiences—including race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, socioeconomic class, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, and ability—learn and grow together.” The ideal candidate supports the inclusive and diverse nature of the community.