Under the general direction of the Director for Athletics, the full-time Head Strength and Conditioning Coach/Physical Education (PE) Director will facilitate the strength and conditioning programs for all athletic teams, and oversee and refine the College’s Health and Wellness area of the undergraduate core curriculum. This position will oversee the PE program, which includes an existing catalog of activity courses, as well as wellness courses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with each head coach on strength and conditioning goals and objectives.
- Schedule and oversee weight lifting sessions with all teams.
- Provide coaching sessions for students (athletes and non-athletes), faculty and staff.
- Work with athletic trainers on pre and post injury training.
- Regularly assess athletes in power, strength, agility, and endurance.
- Develop individual strength and conditioning/nutrition plans for athletes.
- Proven integrity, leadership, and a thorough knowledge of strength and conditioning.
- Experience working in and/or leading a physical education program in an academic setting.
- A strong commitment and ability to motivate, teach, and counsel, academically qualified student-athletes.
- A valid driver’s license.
- A professional certification in strength and conditioning.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.