- Teach the desirable traits of character such as persistence, desire to win, teamwork, and cooperation.
- Promote interest, skills, and lifelong participation in various physical activities.
- Teach knowledge and understanding of athletics and of the fundamentals, rules, and strategies of sports.
- Assist in organizing and administering the athletic program so that it is closely integrated and thoroughly coordinated with the general purposes of education.
- Maintain inventory and ensure proper care, maintenance, and storage of all athletic equipment and supplies.
- Ensure that all athletes have parental permission, insurance coverage, and medical examinations.
- Arrange for transportation of injured students to emergency treatment facilities.
- Approve all recommendations for athletic awards.
- Georgia teacher certification required.
- Bachelor's degree in applicable field of education from a Professional Standards Commission (PSC) approved college or university required.
- No prior experience necessary.
- Experience recognized on salary schedule.