The Head Coach is responsible for providing leadership and direction for all phases of the girls basketball program including its long-term development, organization and coordination of all levels of play, scheduling and budgeting.
The preferred candidate must possess the ability to:
- Build and strengthen our existing program while heightening and fostering high expectations for future success. Increase participation at the high school and feeder levels.
- Foster a culture of support and leadership that will help student athletes grow and develop on and off the court.
- Demonstrate the ability and experience to increase the basketball knowledge, skills and expertise of basketball staff in all phases of the game.
- Develop and enact sound game strategy.
- Develop a sound long term strategic plan and vision for the WHS Girls Basketball program.
- Teach basketball philosophy, skills and techniques to both assistant coaches and players.
- ISBE or ASEP certification.
- Previous basketball coaching experience or high level playing experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.