- Valid coaching license through the Iowa Board of Educational Examiners or the ability to obtain it prior to the start of the season.
- Previous experience as a head coach, preferred.
- Previous experience coaching within the specified sport.
- Strong knowledge of coaching techniques and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, instruct, and supervise students athletes and a coaching staff.
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm.
- Establish the fundamental philosophy, skills, and techniques to be taught to the student athlete, promoting individual and team growth in athletic skills, teamwork, discipline, respect and good sportsmanship.
- Establish performance criteria for competition and evaluate student athletic abilities initially and on an ongoing basis (i.e. statistics, film, challenge matches, etc).
- Train and inform staff on the fundamental philosophy, skills and techniques, via staff meetings, clinics, and training.
- Delegate and assign specific duties, supervise implementation and at season’s end analyze staff effectiveness.
- Ensure all coaches work together toward a common goal within their respected programs and provide unity with the feeder schools and affiliated youth leagues within the Ankeny CSD.
- Collaborate with and utilize the district’s strength and conditioning program.
Ankeny Community School District is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of the District to provide equal employment opportunities and not to illegally discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, age or marital status in its employment and personnel practices.