This position will support the Coaches Code of Conduct in working with the student athletes of the High School. The guiding principles of the Oneida Nation School system will guide the development of athletic competition; Kahletsyalusla (the heartfelt encouragement of the best in each of us) is the foundation of our efforts to participate in extra-curricular athletics as a representative of the Oneida Nation School System and Athletic programing. Ka?nikuhlio.yo (the openness of the good spirit and mind) is the essential elements of character for our student/athletes, parents, coaches, and team
- Must have knowledge of the rules and regulations governing the sport. Inform every athlete of the rules governing participation in the sport.
- Coordinate duties and responsibilities with the expectations of the school policy.
- Responsible for the direction, supervision, and instruction of all activities within the scope of the specific sport competition.
- Complete Oneida Certification on Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect training within ninety (90) days of employment.
- Must comply with Bureau of Indian Education criminal history records check as a condition of employment to include fingerprinting.
- Must adhere to strict confidentiality in all matters. (Must sign a confidentiality statement prior to employment.)
- Must be willing and able to obtain additional education and training.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening. Must adhere to the Nation’s Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy during the course of employment.