- Assesses student athletes for the purpose of providing feedback to students on their individual performance and/or determining team placement.
- Attends a variety of meetings, workshops, conferences, etc. for the purpose of receiving and conveying information related to their role.
- Conducts a variety of supporting activities (e.g. parent orientations, recognition events, banquets, etc.) for the purpose of providing information regarding the program and/or recognizing participants’ accomplishments.
- Develops team and individual practice regimes for student athletes (e.g. strength, speed, agility, nutritional, injury prevention, etc.) for the purpose of enhancing and improving their performance.
- Develops game strategies/plans (e.g. analyzes opponent strengths and weaknesses, analyzing athlete abilities, creating plays/strategies, etc.) for the purpose of preparing the team and individual student athletes for the competition.
- Job related experience is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Arizona Teaching Certificate
- Arizona Coaching Certificate.
- Have completed Fundamentals of Coaching, First Aid/CPR, Sport Specific course or teaching sport skills if sport is not offered from the National Federation of State High School Associations.
Paradise Valley Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its programs and activities.