- Educational Level: Bachelor Degree required.
- Certification/License Required: Valid Georgia Teaching Certificate.
- Experience: Prefer successful classroom and/or coaching experience.
- Physical Activities: Routine physical activities that are required to fulfill job responsibilities, required to sit, walk, and stand for extended length of time; must be able to bend at the trunk, squat, stoop, kneel, and reach; must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; must be able to see objects at a distance; must be able to hear.
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Written and oral communication, leadership, organization.
- Demonstrates prompt and regular attendance.
- Teaches techniques and elements of play for sports program.
- Teaches persistence, desire to win, teamwork, and cooperation.
- Enforces standards for discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times; establishes and oversees penalties for breach of standards.
- Abides by the CCSD and GHSA rules and regulations set forth for athletics.
- Supervises assistant coaches in sports program.
- Ensures care, maintenance, and storage of athletic equipment.
- Ensures that student athletes have written parental permission, insurance coverage, and physical examinations.
- Emphasizes student safety in all aspects of the sport.