To instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the student shall receive instruction that will lead to the formulation of moral values, pride of accomplishment, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline and self-confidence.
- Has the ability to organize and supervise a total sports program.
- Has previous successful coaching experience in assigned sport.
- The head coach must have substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and at the same time must continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the field.
- Provides documentation to fulfill state and system requirements concerning physical examinations, parental consent and eligibility.
- Provides proper safeguards for maintenance and protection of assigned equipment site.
- Advises the athletic administrator and recommends policy, method or procedural changes.
- Provides training rules and any other unique regulations of the sport to each athlete who is considered a participant.
- Gives constant attention to a student athlete’s grades and conduct.
- By his/her presence at all practices, games and while traveling, provides assistance, guidance and safeguards for each participant.