- Head coaching experience at the high school or middle school level, minimum of 3 years’ experience required.
- Evidence of leading a successful middle school or high school softball program with a winning record and post season coaching experience.
- Ability to transition student athletes to the next competitive level (ability to articulate concrete examples and procedures regarding the transition of student athletes to the next competitive level).
- The ability to design offensive and defensive strategies.
- Evidence of practice plans developed in prior coaching positions.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Urban student experience a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement the program philosophy created by Varsity Girls Softball Coaches.
- Attend all season practices, games, and tournaments.
- Develop and organize gym schedule with Athletic department for practices and games.
- Create and share practice schedule and phone list for players and parents.
- Create weekly practice plans and forward to High School Girls Varsity coach by Monday morning each week during season.
- Run 2 hour practices 4- 5 days a week (games are exception) & dedicate 1st hour of each practice to skills and player development.
- Maintain and review transportation schedule for away games.
- Instruct players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organize and direct individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the Head Varsity Girls Softball Coach.