Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and supervises all practices, competitions, and other team events.
- Knows and follows the rules of the Florida High School Athletic Association and guides the program within the mission, philosophy, and goals of Melbourne Central Catholic High School.
- Organizes staffing and works with team parents and volunteers to sell tickets and operate the concession stand during home contests.
- Organizes staffing and works with team parents and volunteers to operate scoreboards and other essential contest-related resources and equipment during home contests.
- Responsible for equipment including uniforms (inventory and storage).
- Communicates appropriately and respectfully with parents, teachers, and school stakeholders, and escalates issues as necessary in collaboration with the Athletic Director.
- Communicates in a timely manner with the Athletic Director regarding student athlete eligibility and works collaboratively to assure only eligible student athletes participate in team events.
- Maintains a record of all team participants, contest records, and award winners.
- Creates practice and contest schedules and coordinates facilities and transportation needs appropriately and in a timely manner in collaboration with the Athletic Director.
- Tracks team budget in collaboration with the Athletic Director, and maintains team needs and expenses within that budget.
- Compliance with Diocesan FBI fingerprint clearance and compliance with Safe. Environment training and test requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of the sport at the competition level.
- Demonstrates leadership skills and the management of large groups of students/athletes.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the fundamental skills and techniques, as well as the advanced techniques in the sport.
- Demonstrates successful ability to teach, implement, advance, and model appropriate behavior, character traits, educational values, and school and Diocesan core values to student athletes.
- Demonstrates successful ability to teach, organize, and supervise student athletes.