The Head Coach will facilitate and enhance communication and collaboration between and among the Erie School District and parents, students, and community centers. The Head Coach will promote a positive school culture, foster academic excellence and exemplify good character for the individual athlete.
- A minimum of 2 years head volleyball coaching experience at the high school or middle school level required.
- Evidence of leading a successful middle school or high school volleyball program with a winning record and post season coaching experience.
- Ability to transition student athletes to the next competitive level (ability to articulate concrete examples and procedures regarding the transition of student athletes to the next competitive level).
- The ability to formulate effective volleyball plans and strategies.
- Evidence of practice plans developed in prior coaching positions.
- Must hold or obtain FBI, Criminal Check, and Child Abuse Clearances.
- Working knowledge of Erie School District policies, procedures, and organizational structure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must monitor grades and conduct of student athletes.
- Implement the program philosophy created by Varsity Girls Volleyball Coaches.
- Attend all season practices, games, and tournaments.
- Develop and organize gym schedule with building principal and Athletic department for practices and games.
- Create and share practice schedule for players and parents.
- Create weekly practice plans
- Run 2 hour practices at least 3 days a week (games are exception) & dedicate 1st hour of each practice to skills and player development.
- Maintain and review transportation schedule for away games, if applicable.
- Instruct players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.