To implement and maintain an athletic program that will foster competition, good sportsmanship, and community pride and to achieve maximum results in all areas of UIL athletic competition.
- Design and implement successful strategies and methodologies appropriate for the teaching/ coaching assignment.
- Communicate with the administrative staff about the status of the school’s athletic/ softball program.
- Maintain high visibility within the school and community, and develop a positive rapport with students, parents, staff, and community.
- Project a positive image and serve as an appropriate role model for the entire school community.
- Promote and maintain a professional and positive working relationship with the feeder middle schools.
- Promote activities and implement strategies that promote vertical alignment with the feeder middle school.
- Communicate high expectations and goals for the total athletic program to students, faculty, parents, community, and booster club members.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or 4 years equivalent experience.
- Valid Texas Teaching Certificate with required endorsements for subject and level assigned.
- Valid CDL required or be eligible to obtain CDL prior to the start of the school year, drives school bus to transport students as needed.
- Valid Texas Class “B” or “A” Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with required endorsements for school bus driver OR class “C” driver’s license. Employee hired with “C” driver’s license must obtain the class “B” CDL license with all required endorsements within 60 calendar days of employment.